Welcome to “What’s Goin’ Down This Week” where we run down the releases, events, food trucks and now our own happenings on a weekly basis. Consider this your weekly beeriodical. Want your brewery to be a part of this? Send me a message at email@example.com.
It’s summer, so don’t let all the beer ruin that god-like physique. GQ tries to help.
- 6/21 – Barrel House Z is releasing a new lager called Near Nirvana. Here’s what they have to say about it:
“Great new collab from Jeffrey Squires, a milk & honey lager. Deep, golden lager with clean, crisp yet slightly sweet taste. Biscuit notes, light citrus from Cascade. Touch of honey flavor. Lower ABV of 4.8% for easy summer drinking. Come celebrate this great new Pilot Pour!”
- 6/22 – Bone Up Brewing is releasing another new beer this week with Ruby Rye Mild, which sounds amazing. They’ll also be releasing a new cask of the ever popular Extra Naked with an ever hard to pronounce Vojvodina dry hop. Wanna know more? Here’s what the brewers have to say about the new release:
“We’re more determined than ever to convince people that darker beers fare better when it’s warm and sunny out, so we cooked up a toffee ‘n’ roast easy quaffer to show them beach beers who’s boss.”
- 6/24 – Bone Up is casking up their Wasted Life with a Comet dry hop to close out the weekend.
- 6/22 – Revival Brewing is having D’Licious Desserts in for a Ice Cream Cupcake and Beer pairing 5:30 – 8 pm; Barrel House Z brings you some Stump Trivia.
- 6/23 – Bone Up is doing Hot Sauce Flights with Alex’s Ugly Sauce from 5 – 9pm to ravage your tastebuds. Revival is acting as the beer provider for Fire Camp Festival @ the Steelyard at 3pm
- 6/24 – Bone Up brings out the warm soft pretzels to keep you fed while you enjoy the beer.
- 6/25 – Revival is helping out the animals @ the Providence Animal Rescue Leagues Pints for Paws at 2pm. Bone Up has Fat Boyfriend back for more pretzel goodness.
Get Your Tickets for these Future Beerful Events!
- 6/23-6/25 – New England Brewfest – Lincoln/Woodstock, NH
- 7/1 – Craft Brew Races – Portland, ME
- 7/22 – Craft Brew Races – Newport, RI
- 8/12 – 4th Annual Night at the Brewseum – Easton, MA
Where I’ll Be This Weekend
I’m off from the bill paying job all week, so I’m headed to Burlington, VT today (Wednesday). I’ll be trying all kinds of good stuff now that I finally am getting my lazy ass up there. You may also find me in the Fermentation district Thursday night, and if you are one of those dumb OCR people like me, I’ll be up in Mt. Snow getting dirty at Tough Mudder.