Welcome to “What’s Goin’ Down This Week” where we run down the latest news, releases, events & our own happenings on a weekly basis.
Calling all breweries, food trucks and beer related events, I want you to be a part of this! Send me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!
Week of 8/16 – 8/22
Beer News and Brew Guide Notes
- The big giveaway is on over on the @nebrewguide IG account. Don’t miss out on your chance to snag a whole bunch of amazing New England beers!
- Head on over to Nefarious Realm to check out the interview with Liz & Jared Kiraly of Brew Guide favorite Bone Up Brewing ahead of next weeks big 1 Year Anniversary party
Multi Brewery Event!
Brew at the Zoo @ Franklin Park – Saturday from 4 – 7:30
Join 40+ breweries for tasty beer and a chance to visit the zoo without kids! Tickets are $60 in advance, $65 at the door. Get your tickets here!
- It’s a new round of barrel fermented beer on Wednesday with FIB #2, a Tequila Barrel Aged Belgian Saison:
In March, we released FIB #1. FIB stands for Fermented in Barrel. This was brewer Chris Dion’s experiment that proved very successful.
FIB #2 also forgoes standard stainless steel tank fermentation. Our second release spent it’s time fermenting in a tequila barrel whose previous occupant was the legendary Sunny & 79º. Aroma of citrus, apples, wine, spice & wood. Undertones of spicy yeast and wine must. Dry finish. Sessionable at 4.8%
- As always The Joneses will be in the house for new release Wednesday, this week it’s Plastic Angels in the artist spotlight from 6 – 8:30.
- Friday night it’s Bab’y Bonetown BBQ along with Barrel house regulars Van Pelt-Faraday from 6 -9.
- And Saturday, Mangia Italian food truck returns to BHZ from 5 – 9:30 and Danny Gallagher & Conor Smith bring the tunes from 6 – 9.
- Fermento-Tainment is coming on Thursday to give you a taste of next weeks big party! A 4.2% ABV Best Bitter ale:
- Thursday and Saturday each bring the release of a casks of the always popular Shut Up Kelly! porter with Triple Sec soaked Oak chips.
- The weekend brings 2 night of Sillari’s goodness! On Thursday night the test kitchen is back with some Arancini & Friday night with their Sicilian slices , both from 5 – 10.
- And on Sunday Union Square Donuts & Awaken Cold Brew will be serving up the donuts and coffee to help you finish the weekend right from 12 – 4.
- Friday nights are all about the beer, bites and jams at Exhibit ‘A’! Shuck Truck will be bringing in the seafood from 5 – 9 & John & Tyler will provide the soundtrack to your night from 7 – 9.
- DT Kitchen trailer will be by on Saturday from 12 – 5 to provide some tasty food while giving their proceeds to those in need & from 7 – 9 pm they bring out their big screen and have Classic Game Night!
- And on Sunday, Exhibit ‘A’ will pouring at the Summer Breeze Beer Garden in Downtown Framingham from 1 -5.
- Laughing Gorilla will be pouring Revival all week long around Providence! Wednesday they’ll be at the Rising Sun Mills food truck event from 5 – 7, Thursday they’ll be down at the Armory Farmers Market at Dexter Park from 4-7, and Sunday they’ll be at the Providence Flea Market from 11 – 4!
Get Your Tickets for these Future Beerful Events!
- Be at Bone Up on August 26th for their One Year Anniversary Bash! There will be live music, build your own ice cream sandwiches (with beer infused ice cream!), hot sauce flights, three beer releases(!!!), and a pig roast! It’s literally too much to miss. I’ll be there, and you should be too!
- The Mass Brewers Guild is throwing another killer event on Septemeber 16th, the Mass Fermentational. With 40+ Massachusetts breweries on tap, it should be an awesome time.
- Beer Advocate hits Portland, ME with the Beer Meets Wood festival on September 23rd. Consequently, NE Brew Guide will be making its return to Maine that weekend as well. Go figure!
- On September 22 & 23rd Boston City hall plaza hosts the Copenhagen Beer & Music Festival with a huge lineup of breweries. Seriously check it out!
- October 8th is South Shore Farmer Brew Fest 2 @ Black Hat Brew Works in Bridgewater. They put on one hell of event last year and this year looks to be even better! Go get your tickets now!
- November 3rd & 4th is DrinkCraftBeer‘s next event, the Beer & Sweets Fest at Space 57 in Boston. Tickets go on sale Thursday (20th) here. If it’s as good as the Beer & BBQ then you need to be there.
Sign up here to receive “What’s Goin’ Down This Week!” every Wednesday directly to your inbox!